How are the two related? Read on and you’ll learn.
Phew, one month under my belt and I’m exhilarated, overwhelmed (in a good way), hungry to learn, and feeling amazingly comfortable.
It’s been fun, educational, and I’ve even stepped a little out of my comfort zone.
But before I go any further, there is one amazingly wonderful thing that sticks out to me: The entire female ONeil team was encouraged to attend the 2-day Women in Residential Construction Virtual event that took place last week. That’s great leadership.
Dennis and Megan, you are amazing leaders and it’s no surprise that you have created a hard-working, motivated team.
I’ve confirmed the following this month:
- The team is amazing: knowledgeable and humble … I like that.
- They design high performance websites and the Homefiniti platform is 🚀.
- ONeil Interactive clients are the bomb. I get to work with really wonderful, smart people, many of whom I’ve known for several years. The homebuilding industry is amazing. That was the icing on the cake for me.
So how does this relate to the Women in Residential Construction event last week? Claude Silver’s keynote presentation.
WIRC was full of great presentations but Claude Silver, the Chief Heart Officer at Vaynermedia (how great is that title?) kicked things off with the opening keynote on Thursday morning. Her warmth and character were felt virtually. Her message was strong: Lead with your heart. This is the age of heart. She emphasized the importance of:
- Being in touch with people and how they feel;
- Help make work better and focus on strengths as opposed to weaknesses;
- Leave people better than how you found them;
- Give people attention and generosity
She referred to Human-Centered Leadership. We need to lean in on our humanity and kindness. Forging human to human connection and always having a growth mindset. The end result makes us feel good and happy.
Life is full of ups and downs and we are at a time when there are regular surprises in all parts of our life: personal, work, family. Lots of change, growth, and hopefully opportunity. Our work is such a large part of our life that enjoying who we work with, being content, challenged, and being trusted is a huge component to our
overall happiness. This is what I see at ONeil. I’m a firm believer that rather than trying to find work/life balance, you need to love what you do and integrate work into your life as the 9 to 5 workday is outdated.
So far, a month in at ONeil Interactive, I see opportunity, I see smart people wanting to get better and achieve more, and I see a healthy, positive culture.
I can’t wait for more! Connect with me at email@example.com