The transition and embracing of digital tools, technology and advertising is no longer an option, it’s a must do if you want to succeed in the new post Covid-19 world. The timeline for adoption has been fast tracked. The time is now. For lots of people, adopting and understanding new technology is frustratingly hard experience that can leave them feeling intimidated. Change is difficult in the best of circumstances but especially now. In terms of advertising, this means pivoting from concepts and formats that you may have mastered and moving into territory where words and acronyms are flying around that make no sense to you. It means letting go of previously conceived notions of quality advertising.
The great news is that unlike traditional advertising, digital advertising is not only effective, it’s highly trackable if set up properly. Forget snazzy creative, what digital advertising really needs is all in the work that we do behind the scenes. Below are 5 elements of successful digital advertising for home builders.
- Professional Photos: Out in front, what the customer sees is still important. Professionally shot photos and videos of the homes you build perform best. Invest in high quality photos of your homes, spend the time and effort to stage the interiors and, of course, get the virtual tour too!
- Buyer Persona: Who is your ideal customer? Better yet, who are your actual customers? How much information have you gathered on your home buyers? Do you use a CRM? The more we can flesh out who your customers are, the better we can help the big networks target people who are likely to be your customers.
- Landing Page: A well laid out landing page that matches the expectations set forth in the ad is imperative. There need to be plenty of opportunities for potential customers to contact you i.e. convert to leads. What good is sending someone to your website, if they won’t be able to easily find what they’re looking for and get in touch with you?
- Google Analytics and the Facebook Pixel: This goes hand in hand with the landing page, because if Google and Facebook can’t talk to your website to track user behavior, their AI can’t use the consumer profile information we provide to figure out who your customers are.
- Data: This is the proverbial icing on the cake and is directly tied to the items above. It allows Facebook, Google and your trusty digital marketers to analyze the website and ad performance. How many people saw your ad, how many clicked, what did they do after they clicked? How do people use your website? What do the people who are coming from different channels across the internet look like?
The data lets us see. It tells us when we need to change out ad creative and copy or pivot our targeting strategies. It tells us where we should spend more money and where we should spend less. This is what makes digital marketing so powerful. With that information, we can show you exactly how your advertising budget is impacting your pipeline. We can show you what the cost per lead is and detect when changes and tweaks to campaigns need to be made to decrease cost and increase efficacy.
The possibilities are endless, but you have to be ready to embrace the change and dive deep into new territory. It’s not what you’re used to and it’s a whole lot to learn. The rewards are plentiful though so it’s worth the effort, we promise. Ready to take the plunge? Shoot us an email, we’d love to talk.